Secretariat 2014 – 2018
The IWG Secretariat manages the day-to-day work of the IWG and provides support for all of its activities and initiatives. The Secretariat is the critical link between the IWG members, key stakeholders in the women and sport movement, the global IWG network and the public at large.
The IWG secretariat is located in Gaborone, Botswana for the quadrennial term 2014 – 2018. For any inquiries, please contact IWG Secretary General, Ms. Game Mothibi by email at email@example.com.
IWG Secretary General
- Head of the IWG secretariat
- Responsible for management of IWG external and internal affairs
- Coordinate the implementation of IWG strategic plan
- Network with global governmental/non- governmental agencies and organizations
- Monitoring the implementation of Brighton Plus Helsinki 2014 Declaration
- Promote other conference legacies
Ms. Mothibi holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities and a Postgraduate Diploma in Education. She is currently enrolled for a Masters’ programme in sport management. She has a wealth of experience in sport development and women and sport. Her experience includes volunteering and working for Botswana Sport for several years at the Botswana National Sport Council. She has served in several sports structures in Botswana and outside, including serving on the Board of the Botswana National Olympic Committee; Secretary General of Botswana Table Tennis and Zone VI Table Tennis (now known as AU Region 5); member of African Table Tennis Women Working Group and Secretary General of Women and Sports Botswana. She has had the opportunity to represent all the structures she served at several forums and meetings outside the country. Ms. Mothibi has attended several women and sports forums amongst them the IOC Women and Sport Conference in Georgia, Atlanta, USA, and IWG Conferences hosted in Kumamoto, Japan, Sydney, Australia and participated in a panel discussion at the 6th IWG conference held in and Helsinki, Finland, 2014.
Conference Manager- IWG on Women and Sport
Responsible for the general logistics of the preparations for the 7th IWG World Conference on Women and Sport.
Ms Jeremiah holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities and a Post Graduate Diploma in Education. She is a Public Relations Practitioner (PRP) graduate of the Public Relations Institute of Southern Africa (PRISA). She has worked as Marketing & Communications Officer at Botswana National Sport Commission (BNSC). She has and serves in various sport structure committees.
Resource Mobilization Manager- IWG on Woman and Sport
- Responsible for designing and executing the resource mobilization strategy for IWG including fundraising and maintenance of relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Responsible for drawing visibility plans for donors and sponsors of IWG
Changu holds a Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy and MA in International Development Management. She has experience advocating for gender equality, particularly supporting the participation of women in both public and private spaces.
She has been instrumental in drawing winning proposals with the Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Mission (FELM) and Project Concern International (PCI) amongst others and to that end has extensive knowledge of international donor requirements. She represented Botswana at the first Mandela Washington Fellowship- President Obama’s prestigious program for Young African Leaders, where she was exposed to networking and leadership development opportunities with representatives of the US government, business and not for profit leaders. Changu has experience advocating for gender equality, particularly supporting the participation of women in both public and private spaces.
Marketing and Public Relations Manager- IWG on Women and Sport
- Responsible for the development and implementation of communications, marketing and promotion strategies and plans and maximize awareness of IWG’s mandate.
- Responsible for ensuring and monitoring delivery of efficient, cost effective support services including provision of information technology, marketing and communications support.
- The key liaison with relevant government departments and non-governmental organizations, private companies both national and international.
Boitumelo holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Marketing). She brings with her a wealth of experience in Marketing and PR having worked with several advertising and marketing agencies. She has worked and interacted with various corporates both locally and in the region with countries including South Africa and Namibia. Played key roles in organizing several regional conferences which involved interaction with international bodies and corporates outside the country.
Malebogo Boingotlo Baebae
General Office Assistant
- Responsible for general office administration including but not limited to preparing for meetings, receiving calls and maintaining confidential files and records.
- Managing the IWG’s Secretary Generals diary including travel and transport.
- Welcomes guests, both local and international, to the organization. Drives staff and IWG Members and visitors on official business.
Having been a tour guide at different parks, Boingotlo has over time acquired various skills including the ability to speak different languages including Swahili, Zulu and German.She has interacted with people of different backgrounds while she was a cultural representative in Orlando, Florida USA.
IWG Marketing Officer
In charge of Updates on the IWG communication channels daily including Facebook, Twitter and the Website
- Actively gather and share information related to gender and sport on IWG communication channels.
- Promote IWG and its functions on IWG communication channels.
Mr. Rampasi holds a BA (HONS) in Creative Multimedia from Limkokwing University. Currently enrolled for a course in Digital Marketing. Formed part of Local Organising Committee for the 2014 African Youth Games, dubbed Gaborone 2014, in the Marketing Department (Graphic Design)..
- Assist in Overall coordination, planning development of public and private sector fundraising strategies to mobilize resources and support accountability of transparent contribution management.
- Assist the Resource Mobilization Manager in identifying and profiling potential partners and sponsors.
Marica holds an Honors degree in Business Enterprise from the University of Derby (UK) in partnership with Botswana Accountancy College .She is an active member of the Botswana Sport Volunteer Movement and assisted in the hosting of countries during all Africa Games 2014 held in Gaborone, Botswana.