Relive the 6th IWG World Conference
The 6th IWG World Conference on Women and Sport was organized under the main theme “Lead the Change – Be the Change” in Helsinki, Finland on June 12 – 15, 2014. About 830 people from almost 100 countries took part in the groundbreaking event that laid down the updated principles for advancing women’s and girls’ sport and physical activity globally.
Relive the conference:
- Videos from all 13 conference sessions that took place in the main auditorium
- Photos from the conference for viewing and downloading
- Press releases, reports and articles from the IWG Media Team
- Videos from the IWG Media Team
- Conference edition of the Catalyst eNewsletter
- Conference legacy document Helsinki calls the world of sport to “Lead the Change, Be the Change”
- “From Brighton to Helsinki” Women and Sport Progress Report 1994 – 2014
- Key findings of the parallel sessions of the conference
- Commitments from Distinguished Speakers to “Lead the Change”
- Click on the links for Conference Speakers , Program , and Abstracts.
The conference was streamed live during all sessions that take place in the main auditorium of Finlandia Hall by Yle, the Finnish Broadcasting Company. More than 4,200 people tuned in online to watch the live stream.
Helsinki calls the world of sport to “Lead the Change, Be the Change”
During the conference, the participants came to conclusions concerning the new objectives and strategies that need to be adopted in order to take further steps on the path towards gender equality and equal participation of women and girls in sport at all levels and roles.
The call for abstracts for regular paper presentation, posters and symposia is now extended up to
The 7th IWG World Conference on Women and Sport today closed with the presentation of the legacy
Venue: GICC, Gaborone, Botswana The seventh world conference on women and sport will be