Hon. Dorcas Makgato
7th IWG World Conference on Women and Sport Patron
Hon Dorcas Makgato has been appointed the patron for the 7th IWG Conference on Women and Sport conference to be held in Botswana in May 2018.
Born just over 45 years ago, at Sekgoma Memorial Hospital in Serowe, Hon. Dorcas Makgato is the current Minister of Health, in Botswana. Honorable Dorcas Makgato served in many organizations, which are the engines of economic growth that drive the country’s development in general. Prior to being appointed Assistant Minister, she was the Chief Executive Officer of the Botswana Export and Development and Investment Authority (BEDIA).
The Hon. Minister has held various social leadership and Board membership roles in Botswana and internationally. She was Chairperson of the Botswana National Sports Council (BNSC) and a founder of Women And Sport Botswana (WASBO), Vice Chairperson of the Botswana College of Distance Learning (BOCODOL) and Vice Chairperson of the Supreme Council for Sport in Africa. She was also appointed to the African Union Ad Hoc Committee tasked with the responsibility of restructuring the Supreme Council for Sport in Africa.
Several of the Honourable Ministers highlights in her professional life are:
- She successfully spearheaded the Re-engineering of the National Airline of Botswana.
- Building Barloworld Botswana Brand into a formidable Brand, from the former Martex Brand and lobbying the Barloworld Global mother company to make Botswana a destination of note. In addition she was instrumental in changing the Management component of Barloworld Botswana into a Citizen Driven management team.
- During her tenure as the Chairperson of the Botswana National Sports Council (BNSC) Makgato-Malesu transformed the image of BNSC to that of an effective Corporate Citizen.
- Most remarkable of her achievements so far was that in short period of eighteen months she was at BEDIA she transformed the Organisation from where it had been to being the best Investment Promotion Authority in Africa and in the process
- beating South Africa and Mauritius for the top position. BEDIA received an award in Cape Town, South Africa for this
- meritorious achievement.
Local Organising Committee Chairperson
Ms. Mmapula Keaikitse
Local Organising Committee Vice Chairperson
Chairperson, Security and Protocol
Ms. Bernadette Moruti
Chairperson, Risk Management
Chairperson, Ceremonies, Hospitality and Entertainment
Dr. Tshepang Tshube
Chairperson, Program and Content
Naledi Dikgomo - Goulden